Thai dishes are very delicious, aren't they?
And why not?
They have so many ingredients making up for each burst of flavour!
Thai Green Curry Paste is one of the wonders that make Thai dishes so lipsmacking!
A while ago, you wouldn't find them in stores.
And so, I thought making the homemade version of it (despite blanchan and galangal not being available in stores, what a shame!), is not only fresher but healthier as well.
You know exactly what's going on in that blender!
Plus, you can adjust the taste to suit your tastebuds!
- 5 Green Chilies
- 1 Medium Shallot
- 1 Tsp of Crushed Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- Bunch of Coriander (add the roots, too)
- 2 Lemongrass Stalks
- 2 Limes (Juice of 1, zest of both)
- 1 Tbsp of Coriander Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp of Black Peppercorns
- 1 Tsp of Fish Sauce
- 1 Tsp of Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Process everything in a blender.
- Store in an airtight container for upto a week.