Hmmm, voluptuous, scrumptious Crème Brûlée!!
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 4 ramekins
- Baking tray (should be deep enough)
- 1¼ cups of heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthwise
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 130˚C and in a baking tray place 4 ramekins.
- In a pan bring the cream and vanilla pod to a gentle boil.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat the caster sugar and the egg yolks until white and creamy.
- Pour the cream over the egg mixture and keep beating [you do not want to cook the eggs].
- Strain the mixture and allow cooling for a minute or two.
- Fill the ramekins 3/4 way. Pour in water in the tray upto 2/3 way of the ramekin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the custards have only just set. [Should be still wobbly]
- Remove from oven and baking tray, placing the ramekins on a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate for 4 hours or upto 24 hours.
- When you are about to serve them, sprinkle 1/4 tbsp of sugar on top and using a blowtorch, caramelise the sugar!
Voila! Happy Eating!!