This dessert is pretty quick and easy to make, there's nothing difficult about it and is definitely a crowd pleaser! You don't have to wait for a birthday party to savour these!! You can also make it on the Eve of the event, it should be no problem, however the cookies will go stale, so I would suggest, then, not to add the cookies in the middle! But all in all, it's a lovely dessert, a must try!!
Irresistibly delicious chocolate mousse!!
- Kitchen Scale
- Double Boiler/Bain Marie
- 12 Shot Glasses + 1 Tumbler
- Hand mixer/Whisk
- Piping Bag
- 200 g of chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 eggs, separated
- Pinch of salt
- 50 ml of whipping cream
- 8 oreo cookies
- Chocolate vermicelli
- Melt the chocolate pieces over a double boiler, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, add the pinch of salt to the egg whites. Using your hand mixer, whisk until stiff peaks are formed.
- Once the chocolate pieces have melted, allow to cool to lukewarm temperature (shouldn't take longer than a min or 2.)
- Add the egg yolks to the melted chocolate, stir vigorously.
- Finally, fold in the egg whites into the chocolate/egg mixture using a spatula.
- Pour the chocolate mousse halfway into the shot glasses and the tumbler. (Used the beaker for that.)
- Let refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Using the grinder, reduce the Oreo cookies to crumbles.
- Sprinkle a levelled spoon on top of the chocolate mousse in the shot glasses and enough in the tumbler.
- Finally add some more chocolate mousse on top of the crushed Oreo cookies, leaving enough space for the whipped cream.
- Let refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Whip the whipping cream until fluffy.
- Fill a piping bag with the whipped cream and pipe onto the chocolate mousse.
- Sprinkle some chocolate vermicelli on top of the cream!
Ready to serve!! Enjoy!