I am also unaware in which category I fall! Maybe both! Since fasting is indubitably about abstaining from eating eggs and as I was craving for a chocolate treat, I baked myself this eggless chocolate cake! Moist! Chocolatey! Great in every way! Above all super quick and easy!! I call it the "Kids' Cake!"You'ld never know it didn't contain eggs! Oh, let us not forget the lemon glaze, which was barely there! I am not fond of icing sugar, but as the cake was a little bit 'nude' hahah, I decided to make a lemon glaze. You can always skip that part if you wish ;)
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- 8x8 square cake pan/a bundt pan
- Cooling Rack
1. For the Cake:
- 1¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetended cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp of white sugar
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 tsp of cider vinegar
2. For the Lemon Glaze:
- 1/3 cup of icing sugar (adjust if you want a white glaze!)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175˚C/350˚F. Butter and flour pan.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, that is, the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Throw in, the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly to obtain a loose batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely for 30 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Prepare the glaze, by adding the lime to the icing sugar.
- Using a whisk, mix well to obtain a smooth glaze.
- Pour lime glaze over the cake!
- Cover with some sprinkles as you might desire!