Lychees are in season, yay!!!!!! One of the blessings of living on a tropical island is having lots of fruits which are not so readily available across the globe! And while lychee is one of these (lucky us eh!), why not make the most out of them and try something new for the upcoming merriment! So, I came up with the idea of making a Lychee and Rose Sorbet, one because they are in season, and that's the very best excuse and two the lychees I had at home were not as sweet as I had expected them! However, the end result was phenomenal! Trust me on that one, no exaggeration, it was indeed very good the palate, atleast to mine! If you want to impress your guests at the Christmas' or New Year's dinner party, you know what you have to do!!
|Refreshing and Healthy Homemade Lychee and Rose Sorbet!|
Serves 3 - 4 Persons
- Ice Cream Maker (See Note 1)
- Measuring Spoon
- Kitchen Scale
- 500g of Lychees
- 4½ Tbsp of Icing Sugar (See Note 2)
- 1½ Tsp of Rose Water
- Deseed the lychees and toss the pulp together with the icing sugar and rose water in a blender.
- Blend until finely puréed.
- Churn the mixture in an ice cream maker for 20-30 minutes. (The time varies according to the machine model)
- Spoon mixture into a container and let freeze for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Serve right from the freezer or if too firm let sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
- You could do this without an ice cream maker, that is, you could freeze them for one after blending, or for two freeze them for an initial half an hour and scrape the sides and ultimately repeat this process for each following 20 minutes. But the texture will not be as smooth as a sorbet from the ice cream maker.
- The amount of sugar varies with how sweet the lychees are. Mine were not as sweet as I expected them, one of the reason for which I made the sorbet! Feel free to adjust the quantity.