The last time I tried making rocky road brownies, I had to throw away the burnt marshmallows just because I had been careless at tossing them on top of the brownie batter right from the start! But, but, but, let me tell you, the brownie and the pecan nuts had absorbed the sugary syrup from the melted marshmallows! And that tasted delicious! I had every square, every one of them! Ah yes, you figured it out, I absolutely adore pecan nuts! Who doesn't anyway! Though I was satisfied with the taste of the brownie with the pecan nuts, I was still eager to make the rocky road brownies! I know I had to, especially when I've made Homemade Marshmallows, there was unquestionably no excuses! None at all! This time, -clap clap- it came out perfect! Alright alright, near perfect, the marshmallows could have been less toasted/puffed! But that was still mind blowing, mind you! You should totally try them out!
|Incredibly rich and chocolatey brownies topped with gooey melted |
marshmallows and divine nutty pecans!
Makes about 25 squares.
- Measuring Cups/Spoons
- 8" Square Pan
- Aluminium Foil or Baking/Parchment Paper
- Cooling Rack
- 1¼ Cups Mini Marshmallows (I've used homemade, cut into minis!)
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts (I've used Walnuts and Pecans)
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Melted)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs (at room temeperature)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F/ 175˚C. Line a square pan with aluminium foil or baking paper leaving enough overhanging on two sides. Spray some cooking spray or lightly butter.
- Beat the melted butter and sugar together.
- Add the vanilla extract and the eggs - one egg at a time - whisk until well combined.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Stir to blend everything together.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the marshmallows, the nuts and the chocolate chips.
- At the end of the 20 minutes, sprinkle the marshmallow mixture on top of the brownie and let bake for another 5 minutes or until the marshmallows have puffed a little.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack. Use a wet knife to cut into squares.