For my birthday, which was just a few days ago, He totally surprised me by taking me to a fine dining restaurant! Who would ever think there's anything like fine dining restaurants in Mauritius!! So yes, we had dinner at the Restaurant Rêve d'R which serves really top quality seafood! I was not a great fan of seafood, had you asked me some 2 years ago, but now I just love anything from the sea! As long as it is edible of course!! We had amazing entrées, after which we were served with a lime granité! No need to brag about how stunningly delectable it was - from which stems this recipe post! Let me also tell you, why was the granita granita (in Italian/Sicilian) served! It was actually dished out to us as a refreshing palate cleanser! So if you are looking for a palate cleanser or if you happen to be in the mood for some decadent ice, treat yourself with this simple, easy and refreshing lime granita!
|An Easy and Refreshing Summer Treat! |
- Shallow Dish
- Kitchen Scale
- 375ml of Water
- 75g of Icing Sugar
- 4 Limes
- In a pan, bring water and icing sugar to a gentle boil until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Allow to cool for half an hour.
- Meanwhile extra juice from the limes.
- When the syrup has cooled, mix with the lime juice.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish and let freeze for 2 hours.
- When the sides start to ice up, use a fork to drag it onto the ice so it breaks and forms small crystals. Return to the freezer.
- Repeat this process every half hour until the ice is frozen but grainy.
- Return to the freezer until it is ready to serve.
- Spoon the crystal ice into small tumblers, verrines or bowls. Add lemon slices or mint leaves or even some crème fraîche.
- If you are wishing for a tangier granita, feel free to add the juice of another lime!