As to those of you who like passion fruit, this is the perfect spread, dessert, topping, like I said its however you like it!
- Kitchen Scale
- Put the pulp of the passion fruit in a bowl and with a whisk, give a stir to loosen the seeds from the pulp. Set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks and eggs using a whisk.
- Add the sugar and beat for another minute.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter on low heat.
- Add the butter in thin stream to the egg-sugar mixture, making sure you keep on stirring/whisking along. (You might want to seek help here, or just add the butter little by little yourself)
- Bring this mixture back to the saucepan and let simmer on low heat.
- Add the passion fruit pulp.
- Let cook until the mixture thickens and coat the back of a spoon.
- Allow to cool and then refrigerate until ready to serve.