Keep posted for the recipe ;)
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup or Kitchen Scale
- Loaf Pan
- 3 ripe bananas, well mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp of grated orange/lemon zest
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 170g (3/4 cup) of caster sugar (I recommend using about 150g)
- 300g (2 cups) of all-purpose flour, sifted
- 75g (3/4 cup) of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/350˚F. Grease a loaf pan, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the bananas, the eggs, and the lemon zest. Mix well.
- Add the cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and flour.
- Finally toss in the sugar and walnuts. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a knife/skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm or allow cooling and toast, smeared with butter.
- The bread will keep for several days in an airtight container.
- If you wish to freeze the bread, go ahead! The bread will keep for upto a month.