I hope you'll enjoy it too ;)
Delicious, sweet, creamy, slightly tangy Mango Sago Pudding!
For some reason the mangoes are appearing greenish, but they were yellow like yellow! Should be my iphone or the afternoon weather behind it! Oh, I'm using 2 mangoes because I love mangoes, but for the recipe 1 mango will greatly suffice.
- Measuring Cups
- Ramekins [or bowls if you prefer, I'm using tumblers!]
- 1 mango
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of tapioca pearls
- 1 cup of water (another 1/2 cup or less if sago thickens too much)
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
- Begin by simmering the coconut milk, evaporated milk, sugar and water in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- Then, add the tapioca pearls and let cook until translucent.
- Meanwhile, peel mango and dice one half. Purée the other half. [Or you could dice them all, your choice!]
- Remove the sago from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. This will thicken the 'sauce'. Or if you prefer, you could serve right away.
- Fill the ramekins/tumblers halfway with the sago pudding.
- Then add a few diced mangoes.
- Add more pudding until 3/4 way up to the ramekins/tumblers.
- Finally top with the puréed mango!
Voilà you are done!!
That' my sister, devouring the Mango Sago Pudding!!