- 100g of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1 can/ 160g of tuna chunks
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- Few sprigs of cilantro
- A 9" inch tart pan with removable bottom (If you don't have a removable bottom one, it doesn't matter)
- Measuring cups
- Kitchen Scale
Start by adding the butter to the sifted flour to form a soft dough. Transfer the dough to the tart pan and using your fingers spread/press the dough evenly. Using a fork pierce the dough and refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes.
While the dough is chilling, prepare the filling by blending the eggs, milk, pepper, salt and mayonnaise. Beat until you have a homogeneous mixture.
Next, combine the diced vegetables, onion, cilantro, tuna and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Mix well. Remove the shortcrust dough from the refrigerator and bake at 200˚F for about 20 minutes.
Sprinkle a little bit of the cheese on the warm crust and then add in the tuna filling right below the edge of the crust. Pour in the mayonnaise mixture. Finish by covering with the grated cheese. Bake the quiche at 350˚F/177˚C for 1 hour or until the top is golden brown in colour (I cooked mine for 45mins).