- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- 3 tbsp of classic nescafe
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1½ cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp of baking soda
- ¼ of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of milk
For the topping:
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp of powdered sugar
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F/175˚C. Line a baking sheet with liners and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside. In a large measuring mug, add the classic nescafe and the warm water. Let sit for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream the eggs, sugar, vanilla, milk and vegetable oil. Then add the nescafe mixture, and blend well together to form a smooth texture.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Make sure you do not overmix the batter.
- Use a large ice cream scoop and divide the batter evenly in the lined cupcake pan and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To make the whipping cream topping, whisk the cream until soft peaks form, then add the powdered sugar and continue mixing until stiff peaks form. Top each cupcake with the whipping cream and finally sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Instead of chocolate chips, I used flaked chocolate.