- Measuring Cups
- Kitchen Scale
- 1½ cups (380ml) of heavy cream
- 85g of granulated sugar
- 3 sheets of gelatine
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthwise
- 100g of red berries (frozen or fresh)
- 20g of granulated sugar
Makes 3 ramekins
- Begin by letting gelatine sheets soften in a large bowl of water for 10-15 minutes, or until they are completely soft.
- In a saucepan, bring sugar and whipping cream to a slow boil. (more of simmering than boiling)
- Scrape one side of the vanilla pod and add the beans to the whipping cream together with the vanilla pod.
- Remove saucepan from heat when all the sugar has dissolved. At this point you can toss away the vanilla pod.
- Add the soften gelatine to the hot cream and stir with whisk until all the gelatine has dissolved.
- Pour the panna cotta into ramekin moulds. (I used 3 small tumblers as ramekins.)
- Refrigerate for atleast 4 to 5 hours.
- Prepare the red berries coulis by blending the berries with the sugar until completely liquid smooth.
- To unmold the panna cotta, dip the ramekins in cold water. Or if you prefer, serve the panna cotta in the ramekins themselves, (no need to unmold).
- Top with the red berries coulis.