- 125ml of Elle&Vire blueberry yogurt (0% fat)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of self-raising flour, sifted
- ½ cup of fresh blueberries, (if you are using frozen blueberries, do not thaw)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of unsalted butter, softened
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Baking Sheet - Cupcake liners
- Whisk / Hand mixer
Yields : 6 muffins
- Preheat oven to 190˚C. Line a baking sheet with liners.
- Begin by creaming butter and sugar with a whisk or hand mixer.
- In another bowl combine beaten egg, vanilla extract and yogurt. Blend well with whisk.
- Add the egg mixture to the creamed butter and sugar. Blend well.
- Add the sifted flour. Mix well
- Finally, throw in the blueberries and incorporate using a spatula or wooden spoon, making sure you avoid bursting the blueberries.
- Transfer batter to liners using an ice cream scoop or regular spoon.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- These muffins are moist and spongy, if you're looking for a denser batter, you might want to add another 1/4 cup of self-raising flour.
- You could be using plain yogurt instead of the blueberry yogurt, but the taste would be rather bland.
- Another variation is to add blueberry jam.
- You can flour the blueberries after washing and draining so that they do not sink to the bottom. - Add a tablespoon of flour (from the 1/2 cup) to the blueberries before getting on with the recipe.