- A waffle maker
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- 1¾ cups of plain flour
- 3 tbsp of sugar (adjust to your desired liking)
- 350 ml of milk (or adjust)
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Nutella as topping or any other Chocolate sauce
1. Pre-heat your waffle maker, see the instructions according to your manufacturer, mine was set on thermostat 6.
2. Combine the dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, salt and baking powder).
3. Add the vanilla essence and the oil. Mix well.
4. Add the milk gradually. Using a a whisk, mix the batter but make sure you do not over mix the batter. (when the flour mixture folds in, you can use a spatula to continue the mixing to avoid over beating the batter which will make the crumb tougher).
5. Pour the waffle batter in the waffle iron for 5-6 minutes. Remove the waffles from the plates and leave to cool on a rack. Top with your favourite topping: honey, maple syrup, nutella, jam or basic icing sugar. And voila, you are done ;)
- In this recipe I am using vegetable oil but you could use butter as well.
- I don't have brush the plates of the waffle maker with butter/oil, however your appliance might be different from mine, so please read the instructions about the pre-heating options and how long you should let it cook.